Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

I'm Back in 2012!

Well I took a little (8 month?) blog break to start the official Cotillion Vintage Online Shop, but now I want to get back here in the New Year to share shop news and general vintage prettiness.  I was at home in Houston for Christmas and I thought I'd show you some of my families vintage Christmas decorations that my mother lovingly displays every year.  We have quite a collection and most of it was handmade by my grandmother, Mer, who you will see was very talented.





She made these adorable ornaments that now decorate our small Christmas tree.




She also made this advent calender and stocking which is so 50s and awesome and Anthropologie wishes they could recreate it and have it come out this great.


My mom also likes to collect vintage glass ornaments because they remind her of growing up, so we have a lot of those on our other Christmas tree:




I really loved the table decoration my mom did this year, which featured the vintage hand beaded table runner I got her for Christmas a few years ago at Artists & Fleas in Brooklyn. 




Sparkly vintage Christmas trees and pink reindeer never hurt!

I  am in love with Mer's china pattern which we busted out to serve some of the 18 people who came over for Christmas dinner: 
In a quirkier vein, my mom's handmade popcorn and fishbowl snowman which has 40 year old popcorn inside: 



Some of Mer's un-traditional nutcrackers: 



And everyone knows it's not Christmas without a bronze giraffe!




So Happy New Year y'all!!  I am really feeling like this is going to be a good one- there's lots of exciting stuff around the corner so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment