Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Houston Finds Part One

I had the most unbelievable day of buying for the shop today.  I even felt a little guilty taking some of the incredible things I found away from the shopkeepers, who clearly had no idea what they were dealing with.  Then I got over it.  So here's a little sneak preview of some accessories I picked up that will be available this summer from Cotillion:



Late 50s/ Early 60s plastic purse w/ pearly detail.  The lady who rang me up said her mom had one just like it.  


Inside the purse were  gold lipstick and eyeliner containers.



This pretty sea green box is filled with curlers from the 50s.  I showed them to my mom who said they are actually perm rods and that her mother used to torture her with them when she was a little girl.



This beaded flower bag is made in Japan and in perfect condition, inside and out.


A cute little rhinestone bumblebee pin.  




An early 50s wedding hat with a pretty flowing veil.

There's much more to come, including AMAZING dresses, skirts and an incredibly soft angora sweater!

No comments:

Post a Comment